Thursday, July 2, 2015

Introduction

Okay, so let me explain.  I had a blog.  It was my family blog.  It ran for about 4 years.  Then life happened.   We tried to expand our family through adoption.  For privacy reasons, I couldn't post all of that on a blog...well, correction, I could have if I didn't name names or didn't post pictures or hid their beautiful faces.

Long story short, life went on.  I lost a lot of years of memories from not blogging...for that, I will be eternally remorseful.  I have pictures...somewhere....but for now, I'm going to use this as my new blog, to pick up where my family is at right now.

My former blog was Desert Sunbeams and it consisted of the three of us, my hubs, my daughter Angelina, and myself.  Sadly, in the last five years, I've had and lost five other children through the foster care system.  I might share those experiences later....perhaps I'll throw in memory entries...that remains to be seen.

However, my main purpose of this new blog is to start anew, redefining our family and preserving the memories that are left to be made.  And sadly, my daughter, who is now 11, is a different girl now.  She is no longer that innocent, carefree child that she was years ago when I blogged, so don't expect a lot of photos.  It may end up being a written memory blog...and that's okay with me.  I just want to preserve the memories that make being a mom so wonderful!  As I read through the old blog, I was reminded of funny stories and interesting tales that I didn't even remember so I'm glad I wrote those down.  I wish I had kept it up, but.....

Okay, that's pretty much it.   I hope to record many more memories of my daughter and family as she grows into a beautiful young lady!
Funny, the only family pictures I have are Christmas...but this is our family at this point in time....

No comments:

Post a Comment